Advanced LMS Metrics that your eLearning Solution should have
Having an LMS does not ensure the success of your training programs, neither that the learners/users are gonna be getting the information right or will be fully skilled after finishing. Those are aspects of the training that will vary depending on many factors, but the most important thing to take into account at the time to choose an LMS is that it needs to let you run specific LMS metrics or reports so you can have a real-time measure of the events happening inside your platform.
Average Learning Management Systems will let you run basic metrics that will provide surface information and won’t go deeper in which needs to be datable to really get a wide view of specific processes like the performance of the users or the platform, course understanding levels or completion rate.
Instead, a great LMS metrics feature will not only give you the chance to have at your disposal useful data in every field possible but will also let you build your own metrics criteria, creating personalized reports where you can choose which specific part of the learning process you need to get data from and set up the report feature to throw the information you really need.
This feature is able to give data before, during and after the learning process so you can have real-time information and work with it to provide better training, find the bugs in the learning process, change the methods as you see they do not work properly and take actions immediately as the data is thrown. That is called LMS efficiency!
An article from eLearning Industry shows that basic LMS metrics include activity measures that are standard in the industry. They are:
- Number of students enrolled per module
- Usability of the platform
- Course completion rates
- Course registration numbers
- Course satisfaction rate
- Instructor response quality
Measuring this part of the training may be well and good, but does this information really serves to show the results of the training and the skills developed? What you really want to have is performance information using these key metrics:
- Job impact and time it takes before impact is seen
- Change in strategic results from training
- Instructor performance
- Impact on business goals
- Turnover and retention trends
- Correlation to changes in profit (training ROI)
Paradiso LMS is able to provide advanced LMS metrics due to its super improved reports feature. There are drop-down categories in all the reports. You can have every type of reports inside the platform and personalize them as you wish.
LMS metrics can be set up in different ways according to your needs. There are user type metrics, course type metrics, system type metrics, performance management type metrics, as well as all the metrics under one category if you prefer.
You can easily build your own LMS metrics by establishing a name, a category and how many records per page you would want it to have. Also, you can add columns by choosing a category and the specific field in those categories that you would like to be present in the metrics report, as well as organize the fields in the order of your preference.
There is also the option to add filters, as well as create graphs, tailored to your specific needs.
In the Learning Management System, you would have access to course completion metrics, where you can filter out information and acquire different types of graphs related to your courses’ information.
All these LMS metrics can be downloaded in CSV format. First, at all, you set up the report with a specific date and you can send it to you and others via email.
Paradiso LMS metrics feature capabilities
- Grades: Downloadable reports on information grades.
- Grade Book Management: Options for setting defaults and preferences for how the grade-book displays to users.
- Course Completion: Information about Course completion for each user.
- Course Logs and Activity: Activity log of user interaction within the course.
- Quiz and Assessment Metrics: students or administrators can generate a report about grades obtained from users on Quizzes taken.
- Quiz Analytics: Every attempt each user makes on a quiz is scrutinized and relevant data are portrayed via visually appealing graphs.
- Course Metrics: downloadable to export reports mentioned above as XLS or CSV.
- User Logs: The log can display all activities, site news or site errors, such as failed login attempts, and all levels.
- User Activity: A log of activity in the course may be generated by a teacher
- Monthly Traffic: Reports of User Traffic around the last month
- User Registration: Information about the amount of user registered Daily.
- Custom Metrics Creation: You can create custom reports without SQL knowledge. It’s a tool suitable for admins or teachers.
- Custom SQL Metrics: You can create custom reports using SQL.
- Metrics Categories: Metrics can be organized into different categories for easier administration.
- Custom Columns: Add Custom Column (Or request information) to an existing metrics.
- Custom Filters: Administrator or metrics manager will be able to add Filters for an easier administration of them
- Schedule metrics: User will be able to Schedule Custom reports and send them to emails with a custom time range and period.
- Export CSV and XLS metrics (Download metric): Download created reports on a CSV and XLS format
- Embedding metrics: Select any report from report builder and add it into the platform as a Widget
- Logged user metrics: Embedded reports only will show information about the logged user.
- Custom Graphs: Create a Graph-based on metrics