10 Things to Avoid while Developing Your Mobile App
Mobile application development requires skill and expertise. Human intelligence and knowledge is the main input into the development of these apps. However, humans are not perfect and human error is inevitable. Errors occur in application development and are often not noticed until after the product has been launched. These errors obviously leave a negative image with consumers. Ten of the greatest errors committed by mobile app developers are:
- Creating applications which are not practical in the real world
- Developing applications which are specific to one type of device or platform and do not function on others
- Developing applications with a fixed screen size that cannot be enlarged or shrunk according to device size
- Developing applications which requires high memory capacity
- Developing applications which drain the battery. Once your user finds out, they will avoid your app like a plague
- Designing applications with too much importance put on fancy design and colors at the expense of functionality
- Developing applications which take too long to produce the output in response to the users input/stimulus
- Developing applications which are not interactive and are completely mechanized
- Developing applications with too many functionalities and are therefore complicated to use
- Not sufficient focus on security
The above list outlines things that you should remember not to do when someone else is developing your mobile app. Speed and timing are important factors in the release of an app. Releasing an app before competitors is important. Apps can also be outdated within a short time of going to market. Developing newer versions of apps with better features is also important in attracting more users to the app.
Another important issue for the team to consider is the price of the app. Should they charge for it and try to make it appear exclusive or attempt to increase its availability by making it free to download? Marketing in order to create a buzz surrounding the app prior to its release can also increase sales/downloads for the app upon its release.