7 Key Trends on Global E-learning to Follow in 2016
Want to know what 2016 holds in terms of e-Learning trends? It sure is showing some surprising and some usual stuff. From competency-based training to creating user-friendly learning, 2016 is the time to stay ahead of the curve. As usual, gamification, social learning, mobile learning are selling like hot cakes and would remain to be so in the times to come. Leaf through the 7 e-Learning trends given below, and incorporate it in your corporate online training strategy. It’ll help you keep your e-Learning initiatives in tandem with digital-driven modern learners of today. Presenting the most popular 7 e-Learning trends of 2016 for this year.
#1 – Gamification
- 1.Game mechanics make learning fun.
- 2.It taps into the gaming psychology of users based on the impulses of winning a game.
- 3.Learners retain learned knowledge better.
- 4.Involvement of badges, points, or leader-boards boosts learner engagement.
It’s 2016! If you’ve not yet experimented with gamified learning, now is the time to get started.
# 2 – Mobile Learning
- 1.As the use of mobile grows, it is becoming a dominant medium for offering elearning.
- 2.Provides easy access to e-learning anytime & anywhere and on any mobile device.
- 3.Supports augmented reality based e-learning due to QR codes, GPS and other mobile technologies.
- 4.Digestible and retainable learning, as smaller screen size promotes smaller chunks of content.
Mobile learning’s esoteric terminology – ‘BYOD (Bring Your Own Device),’ ‘Augmented learning,’ ‘geo-aware,’ ‘mlearning,’ ‘ARGs (Alternate Reality Game)’ depict its high future usefulness.
# 3 – Social Learning
- 1.Learning happens through cognitive process that takes place in a social context.
- 2.Learning can occur by observing behaviour patterns and the consequences of the behavior.
- 3.Organizations will see value in social learning as it:
- Connects disengaged learners.
- Helps learners’ self-organize.
- Facilitates collaboration.
- Can be applied across a full spectrum of training needs.
- Works best for geographically spread out teams.
With effective social learning, your learners will never have an isolated or boring learning experience.
# 4 – Interactive Video
- 1.Interactive videos enable more learning in less time.
- 2.Learning becomes lively, fun and engaging. Training sessions won’t be drag.
- 3.Learners experience better retention power when watching videos over reading text.
- 4.Reduction in training costs due to lesser use of human resources.
Video-based training can shorten on-boarding time, increase knowledge retention, and enrich continued education for the users.
# 5 – Cloud-Based System
- 1.Cloud-based systems come with advanced encryption measures for extra safety of sensitive data on the cloud.
- 2.Reduction in online training costs, while making training easily accessible for the employees.
- 3.Scale up of online training initiatives becomes easy.
- 4.For managing the software or installing it on your servers; you can rely on the experts to run it for you and that too with lesser costs when compared to conventional hosting.
By the year-end 2016, more than 50% of global 1000 companies will have stored customer-sensitive data in the public cloud.* (*Source: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/1862714)
# 6 – Blended Learning
- 1.Decide on the ‘right blend’ of modules you’ll use to achieve the desired goals.
- 2.Provides the option of scalability and wider reach.
- 3.Learners get flexible access to training resources
- 4.Learning can be imparted through multiple learning channels and multiple media formats
Blended Learning – Turning traditional training on its head
# 7 – Micro Learning
- 1.Micro-learning involves learning on-the-go in smaller steps.
- 2.Learners don’t have to set aside large blocks of time for learning.
- 3.Use of multi-media makes learning engaging and fun.
- 4.Assimilation of information becomes easier.
Micro-Learning – Emergent learning strategy known that quickly closes skill and knowledge gaps.
Just wait and watch as 2016 turns out to be a promising time in terms of eLearning. The emphasis has shifted to eLearning that is gamified, mobile-friendly, individualized and competency-based. This will help in realizing the trend of lifelong-learning as opposed to just an instance-based-learning. And when the success of your business depends solely on employee performance, there is an increased need for superior training, in the most efficient way possible. And the best way to do this is through eLearning.
To get a better insight into elearning, get in touch with us now!