Use your LMS for foreign language teaching
An LMS for Foreign language is the perfect partner to teach and learn a new language, easier, faster and more dynamic. Learning a foreign language is a common concern for most people. Language is something that comes with humans and, with the globalization, people are looking to acquire new knowledge about different cultures and its languages. It provides a great opportunity for the Learning industry.
The technological innovations that have taken place in recent years have made the learning of languages more accessible and the development of a foreign language course can be done from almost anywhere and are very popular nowadays.
You can find in the market many institutions and colleges that offer foreign language courses with many alternatives and options for the students that challenge the institutions to implement courses with better quality, with new methodologies and more creative strategies to engage and motivate the students.
The use of a Learning Management System for foreign language represents an advantage for users and institutions because it facilitates the access to the sessions, tests, lessons, lectures, interactive content and also represents an improvement on activities such as tasks, environment, materials, assessments, among others.
One of the best benefits of acquiring an LMS for Foreign Language is the possibility to reduce time and resources on the creation and develop or the courses, and also brings the students the facility to take them when they are available or where ever they are.
Because an LMS or an online course let the students take the course at their free time, just logging in the platform. On the other hand, a good LMS is mobile responsive, letting the students take their courses from any device they have. This feature is something that you have to keep in mind in case you’re looking for an eLearning Platform.
Is an LMS for Foreign Language a good idea for your institution?
I will say yes. It lets you integrate the classroom practices with technology and self-learning, helping you expand the time and space for teaching/learning and create a better learning cycle. On the student side, it helps them to develop and improve their autonomy.
An eLearning platform brings you many features and tools that help you offer your students different methodologies that will make the courses more interactive and complete. You can easily build a pleasant, friendly and technological environment.
On the other hand, if you use for example Paradiso LMS, you would have the possibility to implement gamification techniques to ensure that your learners also have fun while they are learning. This is very useful especially to learn new vocabulary or to develop memory.
Gamification has been one of the most talked about concepts in eLearning over the past few years but very rarely implemented. With Paradiso, LMS would be very easy for you and your students.
What other LMS features are useful for foreign language teaching?
Paradiso LMS is a very robust platform that has a lot of features and integrations, making a complete platform that fits the institutions and organizations needs. Some of them, that could be used to teach foreign language, are:
- Course Management: you can add/remove/edit courses. You also can choose from various activities to make your courses interactive and useful. The LMS for foreign language counts with a wiki, chat, forums, quizzes, surveys, assignments etc.
- Advanced Analytics and Robust LMS Reports: The LMS dashboard provides easy access to the system information, enabling you to make the right decisions and gain insight into the data. Paradiso LMS reports is one of the best LMS for the foreign language that has a report builder to help you create custom and personalized reports and email them to relevant parties.
- eLearning portals: you can employ customized branding for each department in your university, school, company or institutions. You retain centralized control but can still delegate certain functionality to each tenant.
- Learning Paths: You can build Learning Paths according to the students’ needs, and provide a more effective eLearning process.
- Competencies: Define the competencies that your students must achieve in order to develop specific skills.
- Gamification: Create a sense of challenge, competition, and fun via a leaderboard for individual courses or the entire program. You can use badges and points as a great way to motivate your students.
- Video conferencing: our eLearning software can be integrated with video conferencing platforms such as WebEx, Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Big Blue Button, Google Hangouts, etc . Get access to remote classes, webinars or online company events right from the Learning Management System platform.
- Mobile Learning: it opens the learning process up further by providing access to learning content on and offline and in any device is convenient – computer, tablet or smartphone.
How you can select the right LMS for foreign language teaching?
You can find a lot of eLearning platforms option in the eLearning industry. Not all the LMS software solutions are perfect for your goals. If you are looking for one, you must have these LMS features in mind:
First, you have to be sure that the platform is fully customized, according to your own plan, course or training program. Also, the software must have an easy to use, a simple and very friendly interface for the users and teachers.
On the other hand, you need to check if the LMS offers different integrations, like CRM and e-commerce integrations, letting you get a very functional platform where you could easily strengthen the relationship with your students and even sell the courses in the same platform.
A top LMS for foreign language has to be mobile compatible and has to let your users access from tablets, smartphones and all other types of mobile devices. Is very important that the learner management system that you choose allows your users to learn via social media and from other tools like billboards, news, blogs, forums, chats and more. With this, you could mix informal and formal training in one place.