MOODLE vs CANVAS : FEATURE COMPARISON
UNDERSTANDING MOODLE VERSUS CANVAS
Moodle – It is an open-source learning management system designed to offer the best experience to learners that provides unprecedented data security. Users of Moodle LMS have the choice of installing their Moodle account on cloud or server. The cloud-based platform called Moodle cloud can be set up in minutes, is scalable, and has a host of standard features available for instant use. Moodle is free LMS and can be used for in its vanilla version endlessly.
Canvas – This is another open source LMS that is dependable, and had brought about a revolutionary change in the method of education. It is created for educational institutions, and the best thing of the canvas LMS is that the students can combine their canvas LMS account with social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter and indulge in what is called social learning.
Canvas LMS also provides a two-week trial account which includes course contents in-built. Second, there’s also a free account for teachers. Canvas LMS is capable of conveying information instinctively. Instructors and students can navigate through the site with ease.
MOODLE VERSUS CANVAS: COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- Moodle hosts conferences called MoodleMoots that allow the user to network with Moodle developers and partners and learn new things about Moodle.
- Canvas has its networking conference called InstructureCon in which users obtain new information about the canvas and education technology in general.
- Both the LMSs offer networking conferences for users to exchange ideas. Moodle cloud user can contact only Moodle Partner, whereas canvas provides additional support in the form of email and phone.
- Moodle and Canvas share a few similarities, but the main difference can be observed in content creation. Moodle offers content authoring tool while canvas on the other fail to do so.
- Moodle is free and allows the user to make changes to fit their learning.
|Content authoring tools||Yes||No|
|Custom user interface||Yes||No|
MOODLE VS. CANVAS: SHORTCOMINGS
Moodle: Moodle for School plans accommodate up to 500 users. This may be difficult for those who require a solution for more than 500 users.
Canvas: Canvas users have mentioned that Canvas LMS has limited customization capabilities.
Bottom line: In the Moodle vs Canvas tug of war, it is seen that Moodle is limited to a certain extent in terms of functionality they provide, whereas Canvas LMS does not have such limits. Moodle can be used for both schools and business, on the other hand, Canvas is only for educational institutions / K12 institutes. Instructure (Canvas) has other solutions for a business called ‘bridge’, which is the founding body for Canvas LMS.
MOODLE VS CANVAS: THE OUTCOME
As can be seen, both have certain similarities (e.g. user conference), yet they are different from each other. The major concern is to evaluate all the manifestations and zero in on one that suits your needs.
In the meanwhile, we present to you Paradiso LMS, the best of breed learning management system. Paradiso LMS is the best of both worlds & currently, is used by 1 million+ users and is known for easy to use UI and cost-effective solution.
Our LMS goes from the Moodle foundation to an increased learning experience by taking the very best of Moodle LMS and enhancing the software platform with multiple features, integrations, custom work options, social learning tools, mobile compliance and more.
SOME KEY FEATURES OF PARADISO LMS ARE:
- SCORM – TinCan Api compliance: Reproduce SCORM or TinCan API packages on Paradiso LMS with no problem in a safe and reliable platform.
- Competency based learning: Impart extremely effective learning programs focused on specific skills to develop in your employees.
- Blended Learning: Combine face to face techniques with an online presence through Paradiso LMS and bring the learning to your trainees at any time or place.
- Extended enterprise LMS: Build multiple tenants in one LMS platform and personalize them in a never seen before level of detail.
- Open Source Customization: Customizing your platform is not just about to look and feel. With Paradiso LMS you will be able to adapt every aspect of the platform to your needs.
- Mobile compatible: Be on top of the most innovative eLearning training companies with a mobile compatible LMS and get the chance to captivate the new generations of user’s.
- User-friendly: Our platform is highly intuitive and very easy to use
- Fully gamified LMS: Gamified learning is one of the best engaging tools that will enhance the learning experience to the top.
- Courses marketplace options: Sell and promote eLearning courses or even traditional learning from Paradiso LMS eCommerce integration.
- Interactive video: This is one of the multiple multimedia tools that demand high interaction from the user, keeping them interested and active in the training sessions.
- Virtual Classroom: Conduct online sessions easily with our LMS virtual classroom integration. This feature allows you to have one on one or multiple sessions with interactive participation or conference mode, as you desire.
- Advanced Reports: Build advanced and detailed reports from scratch with your own specifications to get a deep analysis of the learning processes of each student or group of students.
- Social Learning: With Social Learning LMS you can build a collaborative environment for your trainees to share ideas, debate and learn together.
- Learning paths: Specific learning path programs will bring high skill development in each of the departments of your company with great success.
- 120+ languages: You can have Paradiso LMS in more than 120 languages.