LMS Pricing Models in India: Selecting the Best LMS which Fulfills your Learning Needs
In order to ensure better learning outcomes, any company will have to decide about various factors before they opt for the best LMS software. Some of the questions they have to answer are, is it user friendly? Does it include all the essential features? Does it provide the users with mobile compatibility (mobile lms) and ease of use, interactivity, and so on? Is the price of an LMS affordable?
While focusing on the aforementioned factors, companies will also have to pay attention to e-learning pricing models. The concerned authorities must make sure that the pricing structure of the LMS platform is in accordance with the organization’s needs.
Assessing the Different LMS Pricing Models in India
Analyzing LMS pricing in India is not an easy task. It depends on various factors such as user base, different features available, hosting abilities, and much more. However, before looking at various e-learning pricing models, a company should finalize whether an LMS should be cloud based or self hosted.
Self hosted LMS is accompanied by certain expenditures, which include:
- Infrastructure– This is an ongoing cost as equipment will have to be repaired and also replaced, if required.
- IT support and setup costs– Setting up an IT system will incur considerable costs. Moreover, the management will also have to hire competent personnel who can manage the system efficiently.
- LMS updates– Many LMSs provide updates with the original price, while there are some, which need to be purchased separately.
On the other hand, cloud-based LMS incurs more expenditure than a self-hosted LMS. It generally includes a set up cost and a monthly, quarterly, or annual consumption-based fee. Costs are incurred on the basis of how much the software is used.
Based on these given features and advantages, it is clear that self-hosted LMS has a considerable cost advantage over cloud-based LMS, in terms of maintenance, facilities, updates, and so on. In case of self-hosted LMS, the company has to take care of the servers, the infrastructure, and many other related factors. However, in case of a cloud-based LMS, the external cloud LMS service provider arranges for all types of infrastructure, servers, etc.
Self Hosted (On-Premise) LMS Pricing Models in India
Self hosted pricing models can be divided into three types. These have been mentioned below:
- Free– Under a free LMS model, users can avail the services of a self hosted and open source LMS. It provides minimal support and customization options owing to which, there is more responsibility on the IT support team. However, free LMS service providers can also charge for hosting, implementation services, LMS support, and much more. Before choosing a free LMS, it is important to know how much helpful the LMS will be to the organization and how much it supports itself.
- Perpetual License– A perpetual license LMS pricing model is beneficial when there are a large and stable number of learners. This LMS model has the highest initial cost, but it serves as a low cost LMS model in the long run. However, after setting up an LMS, users should keep in mind that they also have to spend a considerable amount of money on maintenance, additional licenses, configuration, support, and upgrades.
- Periodic License– In a periodic license LMS pricing model, a user has to pay a certain amount of fee for a certain period of time (usually three to five years) to use the software. Initially, it acts as a low cost LMS pricing model in comparison to perpetual license. However, periodic license LMS models have higher long term costs. On the other hand, it provides more flexibility. As soon as the license expires, users can switch for another LMS if they want to.
Cloud Based LMS Pricing Models in India
There are three types of cloud based pricing models which have been described below:
- Pay-Per-User– Under this model, the fees is calculated on the basis of the number of users who use the LMS. Users can be defined as ‘registered users’ or ‘active users’. A registered user is anyone with an account in the LMS. An active user is any account that is enabled during the 30-day billing period.
- Pay-Per-Use– In this LMS pricing model, organizations are charged each time they ‘use’ their LMS. Companies are charged depending on the number of times an LMS is used. A fee can be charged for each course a user accesses. They can also be charged depending on each module a user accesses.
- License Fee– As per this pricing model, cloud-based LMS providers can charge a one-time fee to access the software, or charge the users with a periodic fee to access the software for a certain time period. This model is the best option for long-time usage.
The LMS Pricing Scenario in India
The LMS market in India has been quite impressive. The best LMS service providers in India offer their services at affordable rates. Users can avail of excellent LMS services at the price range of Rs 20000 per month to Rs 100000 per month. The foremost players in the LMS business in the country include Paradiso LMS, Abara LMS, KnowledgeSmart, and so on.
These are some of the best LMS service providers that offer a variety of features to the users, which include blended learning options, customization, gamification, interactivity, mobile compatibility, and much more.
Paradiso LMS is renowned for delivering a wide variety of facilities at affordable prices. It offers numerous features which include the following:
- Gamification: This option enhances learning by introducing a sense of challenge, competition, and excitement. It allows them to win badges and points after completing every chapter or course. This will help in motivating the employees, while improving their efficiency.
- Video Conferencing: This feature provides the users access to remote classes, webinars or online company events for better outcomes. It helps them to participate in conferences and important sessions from any corner of the world.
- Mobile Learning: This option allows the users to access learning content both on and offline in any device- computer, tablet or smartphone. This flexibility allows the learners to continue with their courses from any place and at any time.
- Customization: With this feature, users can arrange the content as per their choice. They can engage with any course material as per their wish. They can also create a customized playlist of all the content they want to access.
Paradiso LMS is one of the most preferred platforms in India owing to its easy-to-use interface, smooth features, quick response, and much more. However, the popularity or preference of LMS platforms solely depends on the type and size of business.
Selecting the Most Cost-Effective LMS Pricing Model in India
So, which is the best LMS pricing model in India that can assist businesses to save money, while improving productivity? Practically, it depends on the type of business the users are associated with. SMBs and enterprises can opt for a licensed fee cloud based LMS. This will help them in saving costs and use it for a long time.
Selecting the best LMS pricing model even after having a right LMS Pricing Comparison might not be an easy task. Users have to gather information about different service providers, assess their performance and offerings, and figure out which LMS benefits them the most. Based on these findings, they can judge which is the best LMS model for them. We, at Paradiso Solutions, provide the best pricing options, which can be availed at ease. Do you want to know more about our excellent LMS offerings and e-learning pricing models? For more information, click here.