Start a new employee orientation program inside your company to get your new staff members on the right path
A major concern for companies is to train their employees properly. They need to create a new employee orientation program that ensures the effectiveness of the first encounter of the employees with the company. An employee training software will ensure the success of training for new staff additions to your company and you can keep constant monitoring of the necessary learning process for on-boarding.
A new employee orientation program will allow you to merge the hiring process, that is probably carried out in an HR software, with the onboarding inside the LMS. In this way, the information of both processes will be registered in the platforms, even allowing you to access information about the processes that your employees carry out in the LMS from the HR platform.
An employee onboarding software has such extensive characteristics and integration possibilities that it will be able to provide a global perspective of all the eLearning processes carried out for the new employee orientation program and each one you will be able to get advanced and customizable reports that can go from performance of your employees, activities completed within the LMS, performance of the platform, courses, among others.
A new employee orientation program conducted through an LMS system will bring an enhanced eLearning experience since it comes with features that can provide a personalized learning experience and interactive/intuitive options for the course development that appeal to the brain capabilities of your users.
In this way, you will be able to detect those new employees that are highly capable of getting the information, give them special treatment to power up their skills and add up pieces of specific training for those who need more orientation with the company matters.
Applying gamification to your new employee orientation program
Gamification is a great tool for that enhanced experience in the way that it turns the learning process in a dynamic encounter with great outcomes. Ask the HR department and they will tell you how important is new employee orientation programs to them? Ask them about the agony of losing an employee, after investing generous amounts of time and resource in hunting for that valuable resource. So you see, there is something that needs to be done right at the time of joining of the new employee, which engages and motivates him to become a dedicated employee of the organization.
Onboarding is the right time to do this! It is just the right time to get the new hires motivated to do more and achieve more in their work journey. Onboarding has gone beyond just hiring people, now it’s more about turning the resources into active participant and contributors to the company culture. It’s about empowering the new staff members to become engaged in their new job in order to reach productivity. This is important, because if they fail to assimilate properly into the company culture, then every other employee will be affected.
Gamification is best deployed in the new employee orientation program, essentially during the onboarding process. This is mainly because if you fail to engage and interest a new employee, at the outset, you’ll have a difficult time getting them to engage later, first impressions are everything. If you create a workplace environment that’s engaging from the beginning, your new employees will carry that attitude throughout their tenure with the company. Failing to establish a positive outlook at the start can prove costly for the organization, and no matter how much the HR department tries at a later stage, it’ll be difficult to develop that mindset later on, and they will likely have left by then anyway.
Paradiso LMS features will fit perfect with your new employee orientation program
- Course Management: you can add/remove/edit courses. You also can choose from various activities to make your courses interactive and useful. The LMS for foreign language counts with a wiki, chat, forums, quizzes, surveys, assignments, etc.
- Advanced Analytics and Robust LMS Reports: The LMS dashboard provides easy access to the system information, enabling you to make the right decisions and gain insight into the data. Paradiso LMS reports is one of the best LMS for new employee orientation programs that has a report builder to help you create custom and personalized reports and email them to relevant parties.
- eLearning portals: you can employ customized branding for each department in your university, school, company or institutions. You retain centralized control but can still delegate certain functionality to each tenant.
- Learning Paths: You can build Learning Paths according to the employee’s needs, and provide a more effective eLearning process.
- Competencies: Define the competencies that your employees must achieve in order to develop specific skills and put them on your new employee orientation program.
- Gamification: Create a sense of challenge, competition, and fun via a leaderboard for individual courses or the entire program. You can use badges and points as a great way to motivate your students.
- Video conferencing: our eLearning software can be integrated with video conferencing platforms such as WebEx, Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Big Blue Button, Google Hangouts, etc . Get access to remote classes, webinars or online company events right from the Learning Management System platform.
Get the chance to experience Paradiso LMS and add it to your new employee orientation programs to get the real eLearning experience. Our team of developers, project managers, support and all of our efforts will be directed to make you have an excellent training process for your new employees.